SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 27 March 2011

Titchwell RSPB

Just woke up at 10.45am - or old time 9.45pm!!! Feeling lots better today. High doses of Ibuprofen are making me tired though I think. Thank you to all who have kindly sent me messages. On a positive note at least it proved I haven't got any heart problems!!!

Had to cancel my bank shift yesterday for today obviously, which was really annoying because it was on my own ward which is obviously my favourite ward to work on. Will probably go into work tomorrow and ask to do 'light duties' rather than have any 'sick time' off.

The only reason I went to bed yesterday afternoon rather than snoozing on the sofa was because I can't bare being in the house on my own AND being lazy. I have loads of jobs to do around the house, but I knew I had to rest. Spending ANOTHER day in this house being lazy will be too much, so I may go somewhere local for a bit of fresh air to break up my day.

Note: Spoke to Andy W. on the phone this morning who told me that whilst Justin L. and he plus others were in Ireland on a twitch yesterday! Dave Holman found a White-billed Diver!!!!

Escaped from the house and as I drove along the road I felt tired and shakey and probably should not have gone out.

Went to Choseley Drying Barns where I watched Yellowhammers and Chaffinches feeding from my car. Was trying to photograph these when a couple turned up in a car, got out and came and stood in front of my car with their camera and wondered why every bird flew off!!!

Yellowhammer, Choseley Drying Barns.

Titchwell RSPB - sitting at the tables by the Feeding Station were Eddie Myers, John Furse and shortly after Julian Bhalerao and Duncan MacDonald. John ticked me off for being outside. Walked to the Fen Hide and chatted to Robin Abel on route. Watched distant views of the Jack Snipe from the hide, but no sign of the Gargeney. Red crested Pochard distantly. Saw my first sand martins from here.

Common Snipe - Fen Hide, Titchwell RSPB.


Jack Snipe - Fen Hide, Titchwell RSPB - can you see it?!!!


Pied Wagtail near Island Hide, Titchwell RSPB.


Red crested Pochard from Parrinder Hide, Titchwell RSPB.


Teal near Island Hide, Titchwell RSPB.



Aerial Photographs of Titchwell RSPB by Mike Page in Parrinder Hide.


Walked to Parrinder Hide where I watched a sparrowhawk zoom through. Several more Sandmartins. A pair of red crested pochard close to the path to hide. Pied wagtail. Back at Fen Hide saw 3 Sparrowhawks, several marsh harriers and 2 Muntjack deer walked along just below the hide window!!!

4 comments:

  1. Gosh Penny, I've just been away to Scotland and have only just seen your previous posting. Do hope you are on the mend now, how frightening for you. At least you've got a good once-over at the hospital anyway. Take care, don't do too much till you feel better again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just catching up and read your post. I do hope you are feeling better, I suffer hospitalphobia so you certainly have my sympathies, especially as it was a Saturday. Is there no justice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,PS to my last comment, yesterday's post said you had a stint in the hospital, I was wondering if it was red-necked or little, anyway I havn't seen a stint this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sue and Eddy for your best wishes - I am feeling alot better now thanks!

    ReplyDelete