SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 28 February 2010

Titchwell RSPB and Choseley Barns

It was nice to escape into the wilds of Norfolk again today - it seems so long since I have been out - its been a mentally exhausting few weeks - father has now been discharged home thank goodness, but its so terribly sad to see him walking with a frame and so slowly - hopefully he will be using one stick eventually.

Choseley Barns and Titchwell RSPB

A disgusting morning to go out in - but I HAD to go - its been my first opportunity to go out/birding for ages. I was in full rain clothes before I even stepped out of the house!

Arrived Choseley Barns mid-morning after driving through some serious flooding on route and sat in the car watching Corn Buntings, Yellow Hammers, greenfinches, chaffinches, hedge Sparrows and 2 blackbirds all feeding on the concrete area.

Titchwell RSPB - The rain was so bad I left everything else in the car and just simply took my bins. Didn't really see very much, but just lovely to be out - usual birds at the feeders: greenfinches, chaffinches, robins, blue tits, great tits, pheasants etc etc. I started to count Shelduck, got to 30+.... there was more, but the rain was so bad I couldn't be bothered to continue counting! 2 Avocets were skimming the water close by the main bank and 3 Goldeneye (one drake) were a nice surprise in the tidal marsh along with 6 Little Grebes all ducking and diving. On reaching the seawatching platform I turned right (east) and walked to the creek where I saw 3 ringed plovers and 2 Grey Plovers standing motionless and looking pretty fed-up. 6 Carrion Crows were standing about around the tide line beyond the creek. Tons of waders on the shoreline in the pouring rain but couldn't really focus on anything much. On the return walk along the main bank, the goldeneyes had disappeared from view. I passed very few people walking along the bank in these dire weather conditions!!! Ordered a cheese and onion pastie from the Feeding Station and ate it in the car with my flask of coffee and checked on my parents on route back to Lynn before doing a shift this afternoon.

Can't update my blog on my Applemac - only by my Apple iphone, so can't add any pictures, or access Facebook, or open photoshop or access iTunes - going to start a HELP thread in the computer's section of BF I think!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment